Punkin’ Huntin: Pumpkin Patches Near Palestine, Texas
Image Credit: Teresa Morgan via Flickr
LET’S GO PUNKIN’ HUNTIN’ (but not have to drive too far!) 😉
I don’t know about you, but I am feeling “fallish!” I am normally a summer lover and start getting sad that the dog days of summer are behind us and the cold weather is coming. However, this year, I am looking forward to fall. There are several cool events coming up in October that will definitely get you in the fall spirit!
Check out some of these cool pumpkin patches and corn mazes within a quick drive from Palestine:
- Yesterland Farms in Canton, Texas – A truly dazzling and magical place for children and adults alike! A huge and amazing corn maze,large pumpkin patch, amazement park, dixie mercantile, wagon train rides, fort yesterLand, pony rides, pig races, gem mining, and my husbands personal favorite–the Pumpkin Launcher!!! About an hour drive from Palestine and well worth the trip! We went here last year and had a BLAST! Great for kids but we are all big kids at heart, right?
- Pumpkin Patch Express – Texas State Railroad – When: Saturdays & Sundays, October 4-5, 11-12, 18-19, 25-26 -11:00am & 2:30pm, Departing the Rusk DepotPick your own pumpkin, visit Trick or Treat Street, and enjoy a hayride, games, live entertainment and more! Kids don’t forget to wear your costumes! Lunches are not included for this event; food for purchase will be available at the pumpkin patch.
Image: University of the Fraser Valley via Flickr
- Covered C Tree Farm Pumpkin Patch – Pumpkins in Crockett, Texas! A Full gift shop and pumpkins of all sizes!
- 5540 County Road 1830, Crockett, TX 75835. Phone: 936-204-3910. Open Saturdays during October from 10am to 5pm. Other days by appointment. Directions: From the city of Latexo, travel east on FM 2663 about 2 miles. Turn North on CR 1830. Travel about 1 mile and farm will be on the right. Click here for a map and directions. Payment: Cash, Debit cards, Visa/MasterCard.
- Moore Farms – Bullard, Texas – A 5th Generation Family Farm, Moore Farms transforms into a sea of orange with fields of ready to pick pumpkins! Enjoy a hayride to the pickin’ patch, stroll through the cornfield maze or head back to the barn for fall decorations and family fun! Bring your camera, you’re gonna need it! Open this year from September 27- October 31. Admission is $8 for ages 3 and up. Children under 2 are free without a pumpkin.
- Pappa’s Pumpkin Patch – 2848 FM 2663, Crockett TX 75835. Call 936-223-6126 for information. Opening October 4.
Did I miss any near us? Feel free to leave a comment if I have missed any and I will add it to the list! I’m going to *try* to check out as many as I can! Happy Fall, Ya’ll!
Lisa E. Priest is a fan of pumpkins–round ones, ugly ones, lumpy ones and especially tasty ones and is an East Texas Area REALTOR® / Real Estate Agent with Picket Fence Realty, Inc.
You can call her via phone or text at 903-948-3343 or email Lisa@rentpalestine.com