How’s the Palestine Texas Real Estate Market? – December 2019 Report
How’s the Real Estate Market? – December 2019 Report
So…how’s the Real Estate Market in Palestine, Texas? Let’s check out the last month’s statistics.
In the last 30 days, the Palestine Texas Association of REALTORS® MLS had the following activity:
- Total # of Active MLS Listings: 95
- New Listings Added in last 30 days: 24
- Total Properties Sold in last 30 days: 30
- Average List Price (of homes sold in last 30 days) : $173,030
- Properties under contract / pending sale as of December 15, 2019: 34
- List Price to Sales Price Average: 99.5% (This means that if the property listed at $100,000 the average final sales price was $99,500. Keep in mind this is an average and not typical for every sale.)
- Average Days on Market was 88 Days
- Median Price per Square Foot for Homes Sold was $78.69 per square foot
- The median list price of new listings in the last 30 days is $160,500.
2018 vs. 2019 Historical Real Estate Market Comparisons
Check out the differences in the same 30-day segment of this same 30-day period a year ago vs. today. Highlights include:
- In 2019, the average sold price was $168,973 and in 2018 was $153,510.
- There was 1 more homes sold in 2018 than in 2019.
- On average, homes are selling 5 days faster this year as compared to last year.
- The median price per square foot has gone from $72.07 in 2018 to $78.69 in 2019.
That’s a lot of numbers, but what does this all mean?!
As of today, the market absorption rate is 3.16. What on earth does that mean?! It means that if no other properties were listed for sale in Palestine, TX, it would take just over 3 months to run through the property inventory in Palestine, Texas. An absorption rate between 3-6 months is generally considered a balanced market, but we are still experiencing lower inventory levels. Happy housing, y’all!
UNFORTUNATELY REQUIRED DISCLAIMER: This data was compiled from Palestine Area Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service by Lisa Priest, Broker with Picket Fence Realty for informational purposes only. Please note that this data is for residential properties in Anderson county only. This data is current as of 12-15-19 and is not a warranty of future market conditions of any kind. This information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Lisa Priest likes to watch the trends and is a Palestine, Texas Real Estate Broker / REALTOR® with Picket Fence Realty, Inc. You can reach her via phone or text at 903-948-3343 or read more at BuyPalestine.com