Fall 2016 Events in Palestine, TX (and surrounding areas)
Fall 2016 Events in Palestine, TX (and surrounding areas)
Fall 2016 Events in Palestine, TX (and surrounding areas)
Fall is here and there are some awesome events coming up in Palestine, TX and East Texas! Please email me if you’d like to add your event to the list for Fall 2016 Events in Palestine, TX (and surrounding areas).
SEPTEMBER EVENTS IN PALESTINE, TX
- September 10th, 2016 – Meals on Wheels Dinner Theater Fundraiser. Keep the Wheels Turning ‘Jukebox Saturday Night’ Call 903.729.6344 for tickets $35 per person Wine/Beer and Cheese Social, Silent Auction at 5:30, Dinner at 6:30, Palestine Community Theatre performance 7:30, Winners announced 8:30. 5:30pm-9pm.
- September 10th, 2016 – LIVEstock Mustic Festival 2016 is a party in the pasture style music festival that has one purpose, a GREAT time for our guests. LIVEstock 2016 is set in the rolling hills of East Texas about 20 miles south of Tyler. Featuring Cody Johnson, Bri Bagwell and more! It’s a PASTURE PARTY to end all pasture parties! Eight bands, headlined by Cody Johnson and FREE parking included. If you have as much fun as you should, you can spend the night on property for FREE with a self-contained camper, a tent, or heck.. just sleep in your car if you want! ALL for $50/person!There will be self contained or primitive camping available at no charge so you can have as much fun as you want. Bring your lawn chairs. No pets allowed. Gates will close at noon on Sunday, September 11th.Atwood Farms, 22410 CR 4120, Frankston, TX.
- September 14th, 2016 – Canvases & Cocktails: Succulent Planting, 6-8pm. Everyone goes home with a masterpiece of their own creation at Canvases & Cocktails! These guided art-making events are perfect for artistic professionals and amateurs alike as instructors guide participants step by step. Bring your favorite bottle of wine or beer to drink, relax, and have fun! Our Canvases & Cocktails season kicks off on Wednesday, September 14 with a succulent planting session, presented by LoKey Designs. Each class costs $35 and goes from 6pm-8pm. To register yourself or a group, call the Foundry Art Centre at 636-255-0270 or online to register and read descriptions of each month’s projects.
- September 15th-17th – Annual CCC Sale Children’s Clothing Consignment Sale-Tyler, TX. Over 1,300 East Texas families selling their gently used items. (Tyler, TX) Children’s Clothing Consignment Sale Sept. 15-17, 2016 Thur: 9am – 6pm Fri: 9am – 2pm Sat: 9am – 4pm Harvey Convention Center Tyler, Texas Over 1,300 East Texas families gather twice a year to sell their gently used name brand items. We fill over 30,000 sq. ft. as well as a tent outside in the parking lot. We have it all. Toys, clothes, books, furniture, baby equipment, maternity items as well as household furniture and home decor. Come Join East Texas’ Largest Consignment Sale. Visit our website for more details. Where Smart Moms Find Great Deals. 2000 W. Front St
Tyler, TX 75702. Free Admission. Everything is half price on Sunday!
- September 16th, 2016 –The 4th Annual Moonlight Special Dinner Train on the Texas State Railroad will leave the Palestine Depot for an evening of good food, good company and a great vintage train ride through the beautiful East Texas forest country…all under the glow of a full moon. Click for info or call 903-683-3098
- September 17th, 2016 – Palestine Community-Wide Garage Sale – Calling all bargain hunters and treasure seekers! 8am-2pm in the parking lot of the Palestine Mall –One booth space rental is the size of (2) two parking lot spaces, and is $25. If you need more room to sell your items, additional spaces are available at $10 per each additional parking lot space. All booth fees and concession proceeds will benefit the 2016 Hot Pepper Festival scheduled for Saturday, October 22nd. Vendors must be self-contained and provide their own tables, chairs, clothing racks, and shade. Whether you have things to sell, or want to find unique things to buy — this is the place to be! Make your booth reservation today by calling 903.731.8435 or 903.723.2026. Corner of South Loop 256 and Crockett Road.
- September 18th, 2016 – SUNDAY FUNDAY MATINEE TRAIN RIDE on the Texas State Railroad. The Texas State Railroad wants to help create lasting memories by offering three discounted train rides for families this summer, departing frum Rusk depot, a scenic 25 miles from Palestine. click for more information or call 877-726-7245 or 903-683-3098.
- September 22, 2016 – United Way of East Texas Ice Cream Social – Grab the kiddos and bring them to the United Way Campain Kickoff Ice Cream Social! We will be serving ice cream, floats and we will have all the toppings you crave! 101 W. Oak St, Downtown Palestine, TX.
- September 24th, 2016 – 2016 Camino 205 presented by American Classic. Are you up to the challenge? We invite all cyclists of all abilities to enjoy a unique ride through beautiful countryside. More cows than cars, forested hills, bucolic vistas and adventurous routes. 100 km and 25, 105 and 205 miles of gravel and rural paved roads. Register Here.
- September 29th, 2016 – Palestine Chamber of Commerce ‘Texas Scramble’ “FIREFLY” Golf Tournament, Bringing back an old favorite. No golf skills required. Teams of 4, music and refreshments provided, tee off at 7:30. Additional details to come! Mark your calendars! 6pm-9pm at Wildcat Golf course. call 903-729-6066 for info.
- September 30th, 2016 –Palestine Chamber of Commerce ‘Texas Scramble’ Golf Tournament, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm. 18 holes 4 Man Texas Scramble with Shotgun Start Lunch, Prizes, Beverages & more -Prizes for longest drive, closest to the pin, etc. $100 player fee. Get Tickets Here or call 903-729-6066 for info.
OCTOBER EVENTS IN PALESTINE, TX
- October 1, 2016 –Ride for the Cure, The 6th Annual Ride for the Cure is a fundraising event that benefits the Susan G. Komen East Central Texas Affiliate. The day long event offers 3 levels of rides (Intermediate, Fast Paced, Advanced), a silent auction, food/refreshments, games and a live band. 8:30 am – 5:30 pm. Diamond B Ranch, 11589 E FM-321,Palestine, TX. Register Here.
- October 1, 2016 – Classic Movies in the Park – This months feature is THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GREY (1945) starring George Sanders, Hurd Hatfield and Donna Reed. Come and enjoy a free family movie night. Movie begins at dark in Reagan Park in Palestine, Texas. (Park Ave. & Crockett Rd.) Don’t forget your blankets or chairs and snacks.
- October 1, 2016 – “Let’s Go Shooting” Skeet Shoot Fundraiser – Sponsored by the YMCA and Kiwanis Club. Palestine YMCA/Alex Patel Soccer Complex. Fees: Team of 4 $400, Individual $100. Includes clays, shirt, breakfast and lunch. Bring your own gun and ammo. Sponsorships available. Contact Kace Shirey at the YMCA, 903-729-3139 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- October 1, 2016 – The Museum of Fear: Halloween at the Athens Brewery.7:00 pm. 101 E. Tyler St., Athens, Texas. During recent construction of the Athens Brewery construction crews discovered an unused abandoned wing of the building !!! Historic records indicate the Athens Brewery building was once a well known historic museum. For reasons unknown the entire wing was walled up in tact,exhibits and all !!! Previous workers and the former curator say the exhibit jokingly referenced to as the Museum of Fear was cursed and showcased dozens of terrifying haunted artifacts and displays. Due to the Exhibits significant scientific and archaeological importance it was decided to once again be made available to researchers and the public. Deep within this abandoned Museum, things take a horrifying twist. Here you will find that things are not exactly as they seem !!! Live and on the loose, these terrifying wax dipped creatures want nothing more than to have you join them !!! BE WARNED should you decide to enter THE MUSEUM OF FEAR , you’ll need to warm up your vocal chords to ensure you can scream and scream again, loud enough to be rescued. But then again, who is going to come to your aid..? Will you make it out alive without succumbing to these terrifying undead creations?
Image Via Texas State RR
- October 1st, 2016 & Other Dates –Pumpkin Patch Express on the Texas State Railroad. Saturdays and Sundays in October:October 1-2, 8-9, 15-16, 22-23, 29-30,departing at 11:30 AM, 2:30 pm. The Pumpkin Patch Express runs every Saturday and Sunday from the Rusk Depot during the month of October departing at 11:30pm and 2:30pm. Children (ages 2-12) can pick up their own pumpkin from the pumpkin patch, visit Trick or Treat Street, and enjoy a hayride, games, live entertainment and more! Kids don’t forget to wear your costumes! Lunches are not included for this event but a food vendor will be available at the pumpkin patch.
- October 7, 2016-October 15th 2016 –The Texas Theatre Presents “Crimes of the Heart.” 213 West Crawford, Palestine, TX. For showtimes and ticket info click here.
- October 8, 2016 – The Cherokee County Master Gardeners’ 7th Annual Scarecrow Trail, held at the Ruth Nichols Arboretum, 1015 South East Loop 456, Jacksonville TX 75766 on behalf of the H.O.P.E. Manna Food Pantry. Grand Opening October 8. 2016. Fun, Food and Scarecrows. Admission: Donate a non-perishable food item or $1. Hours: Saturdays 9 AM – 4 PM; Weekdays 9 AM – 3 PM; Closed Sundays
- October 8th, 2016 – Texas Jailhouse presents Haunted Little Jail Haunted House in Palestine. 7pm. Click here for More info.
- October 13th-15th, 2016 – Grapeland Peanut Festival – At Grapeland City Park, 123 City Park Street, Grapeland, TX 75844. Carnival Wristbands are $20. Parade is the 15th at 10am on Main Street. See website for detailed list of events.
- October 15, 2016 – Dogwood Jamboree presents “Country Gold” – Branson Style Music Show filled with family fun, laughter and great classic country music from some of the best artist anywhere. You will be thrilled as you recall some of the golden hits in country music performed live on stage @ Palestine Civic Center. Tickets range from $12.50-$15.00. 6pm. Palestine Civic Center at Hwy 19 & Loop 256.
- October 15th, 2016 – Annual Palestine Area Chamber of Commerce Banquet. The silent auction, music, and dinner will be beautifully situated at Lakeview Methodist Conference Center in our East Texas Pineywoods. Mark your calendars now, additional details to follow!
- October 20-22, 2016 –Wyma and Co.‘s Hot Pepper Festival Sale. 9am until closing. Make plans to attend! Antiques, Vintage collectibles and much more. 418 Coronaca – half block off Palestine Ave/Hwy79 @ Conrad St. WATCH FOR SIGNS!!! (903) 724-9962
- October 21st, 2016 through Halloween – Palestine Fright Night Haunted House – Hosted by the Palestine Firefighters Association. SCARE OUT HUNGER – Bring in 2 canned goods for 1/2 price admission. 3600 W. Oak St, Palestine, TX.
- October 22, 2016 – Hot Pepper Festival & Parade – It’s unusually hot in Palestine during the “Hottest Little Festival in Texas”. Downtown and Old Town Palestine host this festival featuring Kids Zone, arts & crafts and a pepper eating contest. Live music and much more. Call 903-723-3014 or go to visitpalestine.com or follow us on facebook.
- October 22, 2016 – Rotary Fundraiser at Hot Pepper Festival in Old Town – Shameless promo alert! I’ll be working the kid’s zone during the festival, so Come visit and help support the Rotary Club of Palestine’s fundraiser featuring kid’s zone, food, etc. for a great cause! Location in the parking lot behind Pint & Barrel. Look for signs or click here for updates.
- October 27th, 2016 –Halloween at the Hatchery. Local businesses and organizations will hand out free candy, and the center will be decorated throughout with a Halloween theme. Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center, 5550 FM 2495 Athens, TX. 6pm-8:30pm.
- October 31st, 2016- MALL-O-WEEN at the Palestine Mall. Corner of South Loop 256 and Crockett Road. Trick or treating, costume contests, prizes and more for the kids! Free.
Be sure to verify all events before driving out, as hours and dates of operations may change! –Also, if I missed anything, let me know in the comments and I’ll add it!
Lisa E. Priest is a fan of all things fun in Palestine, TX and local REALTOR® with Picket Fence Realty, Inc. You can reach her via phone or text at 903-948-3343 or email Lisa@rentpalestine.com or at BuyPalestine.com.